Jaybird topic: Weather or Not
Sweatproof and Waterproof
Whether you’re sweating buckets in summer or caught in the rain during the muddy shoulder seasons, one thing is for certain—moisture and electronics don’t generally mix. That’s what makes Jaybird headphones ideal for all-conditions athletes: exclusive design and highly intrusion-resistant construction that keep you moving and the music flowing in any weather.
We rate our headphones using the international IPX numeric system for water and dust resistance. All Jaybird headphones achieve the IPX7 standard, meaning they can tolerate full immersion in one meter of water for 30 minutes.
The Jaybird Endurance Test
Standardized testing is just that—standard. In order to ensure our headphones can withstand the real-world conditions that you experience out on the trails and in the mountains, we had to go above and beyond what the industry requires.
The Jaybird Endurance Test attempts to simulate the worst of what our headphones can possibly experience out on the trails or in the mountains.
- Submerge in 3 inches of fresh water for 24 hours
- Remove from water and place in XXdeg freezer for 1 hour
- Remove from freezer and sift in 4 inches of loose dirt for 15 minutes
- Add water to loosen dirt to create mud and sift for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove from mud and let dry
- Rinse mud off with fresh water
After a full day to air dry at room temperature, our headphones emerge fully functional with no degradation to sound quality.
Power Your Passion.
High-performance wireless audio for athletes.