Your Privacy & Security
Your privacy is important to Logitech, so we have created this policy to explain how we process your personal information.
This Statement of Privacy and Security outlines what types of data we collect, how we use it, and how we protect personal information collected by our products, services, applications (apps), software and other devices. Logitech is a group of companies working under their parent company; Logitech Europe S.A. The Logitech company that controls your personal data will vary depending on your relationship with us (whether it be as a customer, partner, contractor or any other relevant relationship).
If you are using our products with our websites, then the Logitech Website Privacy Statement also applies.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect data in a variety of ways to improve our products and services:
- Information you provide to us
This includes information you provide when you register and set up new products, download software, post on online platforms like forums or communities, respond to a survey, or enter a contest.
- Information from the use of products and services
When you use products and services, data may be sent to us such as your hardware model, firmware and operating system version, unique device identifiers and IP address/location information. Other times, subject to applicable law and your consent where it is required, we may collect data based on your activities including your settings and configurations, usage data, and crash or error data.
We may also collect and otherwise process business contact information that you provide to us, or that we collect from your organization, such as our business partners and suppliers when we are doing business and in the context of performing an agreement. Where notice or consent is required for such processing, the organization will notify and obtain such consent from its respective personnel and authorized users.
The data we receive depends on the products, features and services you use, events in which you may participate, business engagements and other interactions you may have with us. This data can include the following:
- Name and contact data – data like your name, personal or business email address, personal or business postal address, personal or business phone number, user ID and other similar contact data.
- Credentials – passwords, hints, and information used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic data – data like your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
- Payment data – data needed to process your order if you make purchases through a Logitech website, like your shipping address, products ordered, and contact information. When you buy digital products we process payment data such as the value of transaction, what subscriptions you purchased and, if applicable, your Paypal, WeChat, AliPay or Stripe ID. We do not collect payment or credit card numbers.
- Usage data – data about how you and your device interact with us and our products, like:
- product use data – the features you use, actions you take, and activities you perform, like. button presses, interactions with an app, or time spent listening to a speaker;
- device data – data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products, including the operating systems and other software on your device, device identifiers, and regional and language settings;
- other product data – information from other devices and software, like. stereo, home automation, and television product information, cable provider information;
- error reports and performance data – the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, the contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device; and
- support data – information about you and your hardware, software, and details about the incident, authentication data, your communications with us, data about the machine and the application you were using, and system, registry, and configuration data.
- Interests and favorites – your music preferences, programmed activities or routines, channels and radio stations, and services you use.
- Contacts and relationships – contacts and relationships if you use a product that supports multi-user, community and sharing functionality.
- Logitech Accounts (Guest and Logi ID) – there are different options available to create an account, depending on the product or service and your choice. You may decide not to create an account, but provide details as a guest. In this case, we may only collect limited information, such as your name, email address and shipping address. You may decide to create a personal Logitech account called Logi ID on our website. In this case, we may also collect information such as your name, email address, shipping address and it will optimize your experience. For example, it may enable improved personalization and allow you to save and recall settings, configurations, and history. We will assign a unique ID number to your account and information. When you sign into your account, we may collect information about your session, including a record of your sign-in, date and time, the product you signed into, the number assigned to your account, and a unique identifier assigned to your device, your IP address, your operating system and browser version. In general, when you sign into your account, you will stay signed in until you sign out.
- Social Logins – when you use a third party service such as Apple, Facebook, Google or Twitch to log in, we process the personal data that you have agreed to share via the third party platform in question. Please review the privacy notices presented to you by these third party services when linking your accounts for details on the information Logitech receives.
- Location data – some products use location data for purposes like time/date and language preferences or for the purpose of legal compliance. Data we may collect about your location can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be your home or work address information or Global Position System data, which we may collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data may include a location derived from your Wi-Fi or IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, like a city or region.
- Content – we may collect information about the content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products you use. We also may collect the content of messages you send to us, like feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, phone conversations or chat sessions with representatives may be monitored and recorded subject to applicable law and your consent where it is required.
Product tester data
When you sign up to become a Logitech product or service tester, we may collect information about you. We use this data to invite you to become a tester, and we use your feedback to develop and improve our products and services.
Examples of the information we collect includes:
- the categories of products and services you are interested in;
- information in your product tester application;
- your testing activity, product data, device data, and diagnostic data;
- video and/or audio recordings if they were part of the testing you participated in;
- shipment/fulfillment data; and
- your feedback and review about the tested products and services.
Unless otherwise communicated to you when you sign up for our testing program, we process this data for the purpose of entering into or performing the contract between you and Logitech.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the data we collect:
- to operate our business and provide, improve, and personalize our products and services, and
- to send communications, including promotions, account information, security updates, and product information.
We may analyze this data, including your personal information, to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience. We will always do so subject to applicable law and your consent where it’s required.
Providing and improving our products and services
We use data to provide and improve our products and to perform essential operations. This includes operating and using the products, maintaining and improving their performance, and using data to research, develop new features, and provide customer support. Example uses include:
- Providing the Product or Service
We use data to ensure our products operate as intended and expected. Our products may have personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment, and tailor your experiences based on your activities, interests, and location.
- Customer Support
We use data to diagnose product problems, repair customers' devices, and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Activation and Registration
We use device and application version, location, and unique device, network and identifiers and other data to activate and register products.
- Product Improvement
We use data to improve our products, add new features or capabilities, report errors, improve security, determine what new features to prioritize, and improve efficiency.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution
We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our users, to detect and prevent fraud, and to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example, we may use data to determine which products need security patches or analyze patterns in data that allow us to develop new security features.
- Business Operations
We may use pseudonymous and aggregated data to create statistics and analysis. For example, financial and product reports are created to analyze performance in a given sector or region.
- Marketing communications
- Support Communications
We may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending or to let you know when security updates are available.
CONTROLLING AND ACCESSING INFORMATION
You can direct us to update, delete, or deactivate certain information pertaining to you. You can also request that we remove your personal information from the blog, community forums, or other public areas within our control. If we cannot remove certain personal information, we will let you know why.
You can unsubscribe from marketing emails from us by following the instructions in the email you received or at the subscription management page on our website. We try to respond to requests to review information we have on file within 30 days of receiving a request.
You can “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes whenever we ask for this information. If you have questions, comments or would like to make a request about your data or our privacy statement or data practices, please contact us at support.logitech.com/response-center or through the following methods:
Phone: +1 646-454-3200
Postal Mail: Logitech Privacy Officer, 7700 Gateway Blvd., Newark, CA 94560 USA
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your privacy complaint or dispute to the state or national data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information about persons under 13 years of age. If we learn that information about persons under 13 years of age has been collected on or through Logitech sites, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has registered for an account or service on our sites, please contact us using the contact information below to have that child’s account or service terminated and personal information deleted.
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures, including TLS encryption, to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS INFORMATION
We will retain your personal data for as long as:
- you use our products or services;
- your account is active;
- needed to provide you services;
- we are legally required to;
- to resolve disputes; and
- to enforce our agreements.
Personal data that is no longer required to be retained will be deleted at regular intervals.
Personal information collected by us may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country we or our affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
We take steps to ensure that the data we collect is processed as described in this statement and according to the law wherever the data is located.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR EEA/UK/CH USERS
This section provides information for users in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK) and Switzerland (CH) users whose personal data is processed by Logitech in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland.
The information you provide may be transferred or accessed by Logitech entities around the world as described in this policy.
Legal bases for processing
We process personal data for on one or more of the following reasons:
- To provide you with products or services you request
We need to activate and register products, ensure products and services you use are working as they should, maintain products, answer questions and requests from you, and provide customer support under warranty or service contract.
- For Logitech’s legitimate interests
We need to detect and prevent fraud and protect and defend the rights or property of other customers or third parties, or our own rights and interests. We consider your data protection interests when we do so and redact personal information as much as practicable.
- To meet Logitech’s legal obligations
We may need to comply with EU, UK and EU Member State laws, regulatory requirements, and respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
- With consent
Logitech uses some personal data based on consent. For example, we process usage data to conceive new products and services, and improve functionality, security and safety. We also use data with your consent for our direct marketing communications.
Your rights and choices
If you are a Logitech customer within the EEA, the UK or CH you may have the rights described below. To invoke your rights, please fill out this form. You may also contact us via phone, email or postal mail using the contact information below:
Phone: +1 646-454-3200
Postal Mail: Logitech Privacy Office EMEA, Logitech Ireland Services Limited, City Gate Plaza Two, Mahon, Cork, Ireland
German users only: If you are a German user you may contact Logitech’s Data Protection officer with any questions or concerns by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right of access and explanation
- You can ask for an explanation of what data we have about you and how we use the data.
- You can ask for a copy of the data we have about you.
Right of rectification
- If you think information, we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to correct it.
Right to erasure
- You can ask us to permanently delete your data.
Right to object
- You can object to our use of your data on the basis of legitimate interest or for direct marketing. You can also ask not to make decisions about you based solely on automated processing. Except for direct marketing, we may continue to process your data if it’s allowed.
Right to restriction of processing
- You can ask us not to process your personal data if you believe the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or if you need your data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to portability
- You can ask to port the data you have actively or passively provided to us, where we have that data based on your consent or a contract with you and our processing of the data is automated.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
- You can file a complaint about our processing of personal data with the Data Protection Commission of the Irish Supervisory Authority. Its contact information is:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square
Phone: +353 57 8684800, +353 (0)761 104 800
Your use of our products and services is voluntary, so where our processing is based on consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
International data transfers
We will only transfer your personal data from the EEA, the UK and CH to countries outside these, on the basis of appropriate safeguards. When Logitech transfers data internationally we rely on i) Adequacy Decisions as adopted by European Commission on the basis of Article 45 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR and UK GDPR), or ii) Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission.
These agreements are available upon request to email@example.com.
Creativity and Productivity Products
Backup and Transfer of Device Settings
Logitech Options allows you to customize your mice, keyboards, and touchpads on your computer. Logitech Capture software allows you to record video and audio on your computer and change the settings of the camera. This software also offers you the ability to back up your device settings to the cloud so you can transfer those settings to other computers and set up your devices easily.
Information that may be collected includes:
- Account information like name, email address, and password to create an account or if you use a third-party open authorization (OAuth2) like Facebook or Google to log in.
- Computer information like the name, make, and model of the computer to ensure the device works correctly.
- Logitech Options specific information:
- Button and key customizations, including app-specific customizations
- Other device settings like point and scroll settings of your mouse
- Analytics data is collected subject to your consent
- Logitech Capture specific information:
- Scene composition and camera settings
With Logitech Options, device settings get backed up automatically. You can choose to not have your device settings backed up automatically or log out, effectively turning off the backup functionality.
Our servers automatically record certain information, including the IP address, the software version, and the connected devices to check for necessary software updates and download the required device images or assets, during and after the installation of our software.
Performance, Diagnostics and Analytics
With your consent, some of our software (like Logitech Options, Capture, Presentation app, Setpoint, and Logitech Control Center) collect and record information about the software, devices, and other information such as:
- usage of software features;
- customization of your devices;
- system hardware and software like OS version;
- city-level location information using IP address;
- device usage frequency like click, and button count. For example, so that we can analyze the durability and dependability of our products, we may capture how many times each button is used during the course of 24 hours;
- Logitech Capture-specific information – we capture scene usage and camera model information. We do not analyze or transmit audio or video from the user.
- Logitech Presenters capture when you start and end a presentation, along with the application name and version you are using. We collect this information so that we can help improve functionality.
We do not collect the data you insert while using your mice, keyboards or touchpads. A Keystroke assignment refers to when you customize your device and assign a shortcut, our apps require permission from you in order to perform the assigned shortcut.
We sometimes collect data like device and application information for product features to function properly. For example, Logitech Flow is a feature in some devices that allows you to seamlessly switch between two or three computers, and transfer text, images, and files from one computer to another. To enable automatic discovery of computers during the setup process of Flow, we may collect your device identifier and IP address.
Circle Cameras and Products
Activation and Registration
To activate and register your products, you provide information to us to create an account, including your name, email address, password, credit card (if you subscribe to premium services), camera name, and camera settings.
We also offer activation and registration through third party open authorization (OAuth2) services, such as Facebook, so you can share clips you’ve selected to that service.
While setting up the product, the country code of operation needs to be set. Some operating systems may prompt for location data access when determining the country code of operation.
Circle Video and Audio Recordings
When you use Circle products and services, our servers automatically receive, record, and process data necessary to provide the service as well as information from the devices you use to view or listen to the data, including:
- video and audio recordings;
- device-specific information like hardware model, operating system version, and device identifiers such as MAC address, mobile network information, router names and meta-data concerning Apple Home Hubs and other Apple HomeKit devices;
- service event logging information;
- time and date of service use;
- on/off, and other interaction with the product;
- crashes, system activity, and hardware settings; and
- geo-location information (when location services are enabled)
Circle products may send pseudonymous information to an analytics tool, including timestamps, transmission statistics, feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc. We use the pseudonymous information to provide, enhance, and improve our services, features, technical support and information.
Circle products have features that, if enabled, require us to collect and analyze data intelligently for them to work. For example, Smart Location automatically detects when you leave the house or come home, and Smart Alerts intelligently analyze motion to make sure you only get relevant alerts.
Circle Security and Storage
We have implemented Circle products so that no Logitech employee, contractor, vendor, affiliate, or governmental entity can access unencrypted footage. Every Circle camera has a unique private key and digital certificate, which is used to encrypt communications in transit. The Circle servers use AES 256 Bit Dual Layer Encryption to store your footage encrypted-at-rest.
Circle Cameras with Apple HomeKit Support
When a Circle camera is connected to the Apple HomeKit ecosystem, Apple controls the data generated and passed to HomeKit and is responsible for the privacy and handling of your audio and video content. We have no ability or mechanism to access any HomeKit audio/video data.
If a Circle camera is only set up in HomeKit, the camera will still periodically check our servers for firmware update availability. This involves sending the model, firmware version, and the country code of operation to our servers.
If you enable the sharing of diagnostic information with Logitech through the Apple Home App, the following data will be shared with Logitech and/or Apple, and used for troubleshooting purposes only:
- device-specific information such as hardware model, names, operating system version, device identifiers such as MAC address, information about nearby wireless networks, and meta-data concerning Apple Home Hubs and other HomeKit devices;
- device event logging information;
- time and date of device use;
- on/off, and other interaction with the Product;
- crashes, system activity, hardware settings; and
- any additional details submitted by you such as descriptions, screenshots and footage.
Logitech Gaming Products
Logitech G Custom Experience
G HUB software allows you to easily configure devices and create commands and macros for games and other applications. Adding other information about your PC, operating system, games and applications and any specific settings you adjust as part of setting up your product improves your experience. We also use this data to enhance the security and stability of our products.
If you opt-in to data analytics collection, when you use G HUB, our servers automatically receive and record information about the use of your product, including:
- location information and IP address;
- data about when you access G HUB features, such as adjusting DPI, lighting or control configuration;
- data related to the discovery of devices you connect, like a new Logitech G mouse or keyboard;
- other device and system activity including feature usage, performance metrics, errors, crash data, etc.; and
- there is a separate opt-in for submitting error logs to Logitech. If you opt in, anonymous crash related data will automatically (and manually based on user input) be sent to us for troubleshooting purposes.
Logitech G HUB Community
When you create an account for the G HUB community, we collect information like your name, email address, country of residence, and security question responses. Accessing the G HUB community gives you access to features including:
- downloading profiles, lighting, and other settings from the Community Library;
- uploading your profiles and effects to share with the community, or for personal storage. You can remove any shared item at any time; and
- a personal profile that others in the community can view. You control what is shared in your profile.
You can unsubscribe or delete your G HUB account at any time.
Logitech G Cloud Gaming Handheld
G Cloud is a handheld gaming console on which you can play cloud gaming titles and access cloud streaming services anywhere, at any time. Logitech’s processing of your personal data is limited to the Logitech hardware and the Logitech incorporated software. We collect your unique device ID for the core functioning of your console, to ensure it works correctly. There is also certain personal data collected for the core functioning that is only processed and stored locally on your console, such as your country or region for network connectivity.
If you choose to share your diagnostics and device usage data, we will receive information about your use of the console, such as your battery and charging experience, your usage of the buttons and joysticks and the audio ports. We use this information to improve our products and services.
For EEA, the UK or CH; we collect your device diagnostics and device usage data on the basis of legitimate interest. We use this information to improve our products and services. You may opt out at any time from your device settings.
Logitech Video Conferencing Products
Logitech Sync Service
Logitech Sync enables users to remotely monitor and manage their Logitech video conferencing systems. Sync is made up of two parts, the desktop Sync app and the cloud “Sync Portal”. To use the Sync Portal, the Sync App must be installed on the meeting room computer. Once installed and authenticated with the Sync Portal, the Sync app will communicate directly with Sync Portal to enable remote management and monitoring capabilities.
When you create a Logitech Sync account, we collect information like your name, email address, password, country, and organization name. We use this data to authenticate and associate you to your account and devices.
Sync collects diagnostic and usage data to help maintain and improve the Sync experience. Sync collects the following information to provide management and monitoring features:
- Logitech VC product info (name, firmware version, meta data);
- Sync App version installed;
- computer info (OS type, OS version, IP, MAC address, computer specs);
- geolocation; and
- occupancy info (metadata only)
Jaybird Products and Services
The Jaybird app allows a user to:
- customize the sound of their headphones;
- update product and firmware settings;
- record the location where their headphones were last connected; and
- browse and use presets and Spotify playlists shared by other users
When you register for an account, we collect information like your name, email address, personal image (avatar), current location, and password. This data is used to authenticate and associate you to your account and devices. Jaybird also offers registration through third party open authorization (OAuth2) services, such as Facebook, Google and Spotify.
When you use your Jaybird product with the app, or the app by itself, our servers automatically receive and record certain information, including:
- product data, like your headphone model or app version;
- data about how you use the app, like the features you access and when you connect your headphones;
- data related to the discovery of devices in your environment, and your use of product features, like the “rename” action; and
- with your consent where it’s required, information sent to an analytics tool, including feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc.
To safely back up your custom configurations, our servers receive and record additional information, including:
- current product settings, including name, button controls and voice prompt settings; and
- preset and playlist information.
Location data for Find My Buds is stored on the mobile device and is not backed up to our servers.
Ultimate Ears Products and Services
Ultimate Ears Mobile Functions and Customization
Users can customize their listening experience by configuring their devices using an Ultimate Ears application. These applications enable features like pairing multiple devices, tap controls, and multi-user DJ functionality.
During the customization process, a user may be required to enter their name and contact information, including an email address and password.
We do not collect any data about the content a user plays using Ultimate Ears products.
Ultimate Ears Integration with Other Services
Some Ultimate Ears products, like our Bluetooth speakers, can integrate with third-party services like Amazon Alexa. These integrations let users perform tasks like streaming music, ordering goods and services, and asking for information.
To enable third party services that link with your Ultimate Ears device, you may be required to register with that third party and consent to their terms. Once the link has been made, Ultimate Ears devices can receive and pass information directly to the third party.
Ultimate Ears products do not store any user command data passed from the user to the third party. Only data necessary to ensure the link between third parties and the user’s Ultimate Ears product is retained.
Custom In Ear Monitors (IEM)
Ultimate Ears Pro and CSX offer premium custom-fit in ear monitors (earphones). Most Pro devices require user ear impressions, which are typically created digitally or with molds. by a third party, most commonly an audiologist. The CSX devices require images and impressions of the user's ear to optimize the product fit. We retain these impressions in case of loss, reordering, or reproduction, or until a user requests that they be discarded.
Liminal Collective Community
Liminal Collective Community is a digital community platform whereby you can: connect with new collaborators, discuss human performance topics, share human performance content, find or run events, and set up or run projects. If you register as a member, either via the website and/or the mobile app, Logitech will request you to complete your profile at the time of registration including information such as your name, email address, location and topic interests.
Once you are a registered member, our servers automatically record your engagement, the content you post and our email performance. You can make changes to your profile at any time and set up your profile to choose what information you would like to be visible or not to other members of the community. You may also choose to opt-in for marketing.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We will occasionally update this Statement. If there are material changes to this Statement or in how we will use your personal information, we will prominently post the changes before making them.
We will not make any changes that are less protective of your personal information collected in the past without your consent.
We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Thank you for your interest in Logitech and our products and services.